weights Postage & selecting none of the above

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weights Postage & selecting none of the above

Hello all I am gradually getting all the bits of the website to import into actinic quite smoothly. I have hit a problem with P&P I've imported our weights & if I select the UK all works well. If I select none of the above in countries I get £4.95 for the cost of the postage even if the cost of the postage is £9.90

Can anyone help. I would also like to remove the drop down menu saying "select your state if applicable" As we dont really need this box.

Thanks,

Dave
    David Shorthouse,
    Website Manager,
    http://www.Queenswood.co.uk

Hi Dave,

The "None of the Above" listing is coming from the tax zone. To take this out, go into "View | Business Settings | Tax". Simply highlight "No Tax Levied" and make sure "Do not allow 'None of the Above' as a zone member".

This will get rid of the drop down list box.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
      "View | Business Settings | Tax". Simply highlight "No Tax Levied" and make sure "Do not allow 'None of the Above' as a zone member".
      This will get rid of the drop down list box.
      Hi Nadeem, I am sorry if i am looking at the wrong place but I dont have "No Tax Levied" on our system.
      In View|Business Settings|Tax I have simple(which is selected) & advanced
      I also have a Include Tax 1 tick box.???

Please advise I have been told that since changing to the weight calculated postage the system is no longer allowing people to put in a different delivery address??

Thanks

Dave
      David Shorthouse,
      Website Manager,

Comment

Hi Dave,

In your Tax, simply highlight "Advance", then continue my instructions. Once you have done this, go back to "Simple" again.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Many thanks Nadeem for the very quick reply. I have just tried the above & still have the same problem. The menu is still showing none of the above. Is this because I have a US postage setup?

Thanks,

Dave
          David Shorthouse,
          Website Manager,

Comment

Hi there

I take it you uploaded you're site after checking the 'Do not allow 'None of the Above' as a zone member' box?

Also, you asked about removing the State/Province drop down list, to do this go to Advanced|Locations, highlight United States, and on the right hand side you will see a list of states appear, you can simply delete each of these states by right clicking and selecting delete row... do the same for Canada aswell.

Hope that helps

Comment

Hi James,

Yes I did do an update after changing the details. I also cleared down my interenet cache each time just incase it was using files on my local machine..It would have to download all the files require?

This has removed the states dropdown list. If I remove all the taxs will this fix the problem with "none of the above"?

The other issue I have is since changing to "total weight" on the shipping our customers can no longer put in a different delivery address. I have set this back so simple & it has worked fine... is there a reason for this to happen???

Thanks again..

Dave..

Ps. I am actually reading through the advancedguide at the moment. To see if i can find anything in there.
              David Shorthouse,
              Website Manager,

Comment

Hi there

To get the option to ship to different delivery address, go to Design|Text, and clcik the GOTO button, and enter Phase 0, ID 16...

Here you can select whether the 'If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than the invoice address, check this box:' is shown on the website or not.

Hoep that helps

Comment

Hi James,

It does show on the website. "Ship to separate delivery address:" has No next to it. If i click change it takes me back to shipping I click next & it still says no in "Ship to separate delivery address". This is on Phase:0 ID: 16

I would like to change this back to basic but it has stopped alot of calls from our sales team regarding extra postage.

Thanks again.

Dave
                  Last edited by Queenswood; 02-Mar-2005, 05:16 PM. Reason: correcting
                  David Shorthouse,
                  Website Manager,

Comment

Hi there

Have you got the 'show' box checked in Design|Text for Phase 0, ID 16? If so, it should display the checkbox to ship to a different address.

I would like to change this back to basic but it has stopped alot of calls from our sales team regarding extra postage.
                    Are you referring to Tax or Shipping? Sorry, but this thread seems to be going off the original subject a bit.

Comment

Sorry James.

I personally am not interested in tax..

This is whats happening when I goto checkout I have my option to change shipping address. When this is clicked it goes back one page but doesnt allow you to change the delivery address.

This has only been the case since adding the weights & changing the shipping from simple to wights based. But its been so helpful. If you go to the site http://www.queenswood.co.uk order anything & change shipping address. I didnt need to change the parts you said as they were already set. Is it possible because we used the basic shipping & whoever developed the site before me could have removed parts from the template..??? This is only a suggestion????

Dave
                      David Shorthouse,
                      Website Manager,

Comment

Hi Dave

Is it possible because we used the basic shipping & whoever developed the site before me could have removed parts from the template..???
                        This could be a possibility as the settings you have selected within the software should get this feature working...

To be able to tell for sure, we would really need to get a look at your site snapshot (File|Snapshot|Export Site)... and you can can register a support query here and send the snapshot into us.

Comment

Working...
                        X