Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.0.3 Question? One Site, Multiple Machines

Hello,

5. You can now upload a store from one Windows user account and download orders onto another. Ref: a_c/1437

Does "windows user account" refer to the same machine or multiple machines?

I am developing a number of websites for a client using Developer. Would it be possible for me to continue uploading changes to a website while my client continues to download orders off the same site onto his machine?

If so, at what point does this become a major headache?

DB

Originally posted by Dybbuk
    I am developing a number of websites for a client using Developer. Would it be possible for me to continue uploading changes to a website while my client continues to download orders off the same site onto his machine?
    Your client can run the site on their machine using catalog, business or order manager - you just need to send them the same level of snapshot as was most recently loaded to their web site. So - when you update the site, you snapshot and send that to the client to load into their system... it's a workable solution, but it's kind of klunky unless everyone is on broadband... and even then, for a large site, it's a bit of pain.

Originally posted by Dybbuk
    If so, at what point does this become a major headache?
    it depend on how many updates you want to do... if the answer is many and frequent, it becomes a headache very quickly....
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I suppose this process would be made very awkward if customer accounts are involved...

Is it possible for the order machine to create and manage customer accounts without them being overwritten by acd's from the design machine (which wouldn't have any)?

DB

Comment

yes, I think that's perfectly possible
        Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

If the design machine is going to upload then the accounts have to be on that machine.

What we do it create accounts on the order processing machine and then export the customer accounts to a file, import them on the development machine and then upload them.

The other thing to think about is offline ordering, you need to have a current catalog on the order processing machine if you want to use the new V7 offline order machine, so you would have to send regular transfers to the customer to allow them to use this feature.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X