Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding menus to Actinic pages

Hello

I am trying to add an improved menu to my site. This works fine with brochure type pages, but as soon as I try to put the menu onto an Actinic page (based on Act_Primary), the menu is ignored.

It seems to be this line that prohibits the menus appearance

<BODY NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLOR TEXT="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLOR" NETQUOTEVAR:LINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:VLINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:ALINKCOLOR marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" OnLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD" bgcolor="#ECE9D8">

This is the menu code, placed directly after the body tag:

<script type='text/javascript'>
    function Go(){return}
    </script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='exmplmenu_var.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='menu_com.js'></script>

(The javascript all works fine)

Any help is very much appreciated!

Thanks
    Paul
    Flooring Sales Ltd
    Flooring Sales Ltd - Wood and Laminate Flooring Company
    Hadlow Flooring
    Herga Flooring

That looks like the HV_Menu. It should work OK with Actinic if set up right.

I use that as part of NorTree to build a dynamic menu automatically from the Actinic generated data structures.

You can find info on it on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your reply Norman. Ive found that the HV menu works fine if I remove OnLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD" from the following.

<BODY NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLOR TEXT="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLOR" NETQUOTEVAR:LINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:VLINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:ALINKCOLOR marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" OnLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD" bgcolor="#ECE9D8">

Becomes

<BODY NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLOR TEXT="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLOR" NETQUOTEVAR:LINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:VLINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:ALINKCOLOR marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" bgcolor="#ECE9D8">

Everything seems OK, but Im not sure (just learning Actinic) what the onload statement is doing.

Any help please?

Paul
      Flooring Sales Ltd
      Hadlow Flooring
      Herga Flooring

Comment

but Im not sure (just learning Actinic) what the onload statement is doing
        It's usually used to preload the navigation rollover images via code in actiniccore.js. However Actinic changed this slightly in 7.0.2 onwards to use the PreLoadImages routine set a flag (bPageIsLoaded) that some other routines (e.g. extended info popups) use.

I think it best way to see is to look at the source of a generated page with / without the ONLOAD.

Best check that popup pages still work if you remove that statement.

Also
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your help on this Norman
          Flooring Sales Ltd
          Hadlow Flooring
          Herga Flooring

Comment

Working...
          X