Should I upgrade from 7.0.1 to 7.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I upgrade from 7.0.1 to 7.0.3

In a previous posting I mentioned that it may be worth waiting to upgrade from 7.0.1 to 7.0.3. I am certainly keen to only upgrade when it is safe to do so however I am now getting some major problems with a bug in 7.0.1.

The bug relates to once duplicate products have gone out of stock - they go out of stock on site - but once in stock on Actinic they dont update on the site. Therefore instock duplicates display out of stock.

From reading older postings this is a known bug and fixed by 7.0.2. As it seems only .3 is available I want to gain an understanding of whether it is okay to upgrade.

Is 7.0.2 okay to upgrade to? Is it still available?
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Hi Paul,

upgraded to 7.0.3 earlier in the week without a glitch (despite a lot of modified stuff)- mainly to remove the annoying habit of the tabs in the order section changing their last settings. No problems to report as yet.

There is a thread somewhere where Norman lists the alterations in the upgrade.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thread somewhere where Norman lists the alterations in the upgrade
      It's not definitive. Just what I've noticed.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Always good to wait a week or so. I'd also NOT do it at a weekend, leave it till a weekday morning, that way after the refresh if you have any problems Actinic support should be contactable during the day. As opposed to being stuck with a problem from Saturday till Monday morning.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Thanks. I will probably do it on Sunday evening.

However I am wondering if I should go for 7.0.2 (baby steps) as presumably it will be more stable - having been tested by many more people.

Is 7.0.2 still available - I note it is not on the Actinic site. Does anyone have a version I can use?
          KJ Beckett
          Men's Clothing & Accessories
          Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
          Bath, England
          Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
          Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

I received 7.0.2 from Actinic on Thursday and have since upgraded to 7.0.3 (to get rid of a problem supposedly fixed, but still there!) You're welcome to a copy of 7.0.2...

Anf
            Anf
            New Year - new YOU!
            (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

However I am wondering if I should go for 7.0.2 (baby steps) as presumably it will be more stable
              7.0.2 has serious bugs in its handling of Custom Properties. This is enough to break many sites. I'd recommend skipping 7.0.2 and going to 7.0.3 once you're comfortable with other reports of successful upgrades.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I've tested 7.0.3 and am happy enough with it to move forward - I've adopted it for production now.

There are still issues with it NOT remembering open/closed settings for the catalog and brochure page hiearchy though - which I though were on the list to be fixed this release...

hth

Greg
                Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
                Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
                NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Yes - I noticed that too. The list of bugs that were fixed got reduced to just the ones that stopped users from doing certain things. It's a shame as that one really irritates me as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X