Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Product in more than one Product Group

Hi All,

I have a situation where I need to have a product in more than one product group (which I don't think is possible).

I need to apply a discount on the product if a certain value is spent but also that product needs to be part of a buy one get one free special offer.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks,

Mark.

At the moment the only way to achieve this is to create additional products of the same, with different reference numbers as you can only place a product into a product group once this has been raised previously about it being a limitation, but not sure how, when or whether it will be overcome in the future.

Comment

Has the issue of being able to put a product into more than one group been resolved yet?

The online help specifically states:

Putting Products Into Groups
      "Product Assignments
      In the 'Members' list are all the members of the current product group.

The list on the right contains all the products in the store. Use '<' to add the currently-selected product/section to the 'Members' list. Use '>' to remove the currently selected product from the 'Members' list. A product can be part of any number of product groups."

Yet when I try to do put a product in to a second group it will only transfer it from the first group to the second. Help!

Comment

Richard

I am afraid to say this is an error in the help. A product can only be a member of a single product group - and this is unlikely to change.

There are technical reasons for this, mainly to do with the fact it would be possible to create discounts which offered a specific product as a reward, and then ordering this product triggered another discount (or the same discount again) - and then this could possibly create a feedback loop which would crash the site.

I have passed on your request to the development team, however, for possible inclusion in a future release.

Comment

Working...
        X