Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Empty Basket" message after ordering (with further complications)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Empty Basket" message after ordering (with further complications)!

I had a report from a customer telling me the site was not working. I tested the site and found that he was correct - after ordering an item and clicking on checkout now, I got a message saying the basket was empty. So, I decided to do a site refresh. I checked "Online Ordering Suspended" and did an update. This did not complete because of a server error but, when I checked the site, it was not accepting orders because of "maintenance". I then tried to refresh. This failed twice due to a server error and then twice again with the following explanation via a dialogue box:

Catalog
    200 Type set to A.
    200 PORT command successful.
    550 bb000000.pl: There is not enough space on the disk.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Doug

Go into Web | Configure Website details and ensure that both checkboxes are unchecked, so that it uses the current settings.

The software should then go through all of its checks and if it hits any snags will then ask for confirmation of any previous paths, cgi ext numbers or pl/gi exts etc.

If it completes ok, then conduct a Web | Refresh Website to ensure that all is uploaded ok once again.

Comment

Thanks for that - I only get as far as the second box:

"The wizard needs your FTP account information to upload your web site. If you do not have an FTP account with your ISP, cancel this wizard and check the help for information on manually uploading your Catalog"

I click on next and am told my password isn't allowed.

Can't get any further.

Doug

Comment

Check your firewall settings to ensure that Actinic is allowed on the exclusion list to connect to the Internet.

If you have not changed any settings, then it is most likely the damned auto update of these firewalls and Internet security settings updates doing it in the background.

You might want to quickly switch your firewall off, do a quick test to see if it works, which if it does, then you know your firewall is the culprit and will need closer inspection, then switch the firewall back on to protect you and dig deeper into the firewall settings to give you security whilst allowing your connections out.

Comment

Just tried that (switching off the firewall) and got "The connection with the server was terminated abnormally". This happened during "sending base files" which is also where I was getting the other problem.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a server problem...........?

Thanks for your help, by the way.

Comment

Have you spoken to your host yet about it - sorry for some reason thought you had already gone that route and drawn a blank - sorry, best to speak with them to see if they can shed some light on it, and if not an issue at that end, then have to see from there..

Comment

Host doesn't work oat the weekend.........

Comment

Working...
              X