Brochure Page: Recommended Products for Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brochure Page: Recommended Products for Purchase

I have created a brochure page with a list of recommended products for people to purchase depending upon their particular condition.

I want to allow visitors to click a link on each of these recommended products and allow them to purchase the item (when they click the product link in the brochure page it will take them to the product in the product section). How do I achieve this - and form a link between a description of a product on a brochure page and the actual product in a product section?

I cannot seem to find any form of html page name on each of the product detail windows to form the link.

Any advice would be useful. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by mwilliamson
    I have created a brochure page with a list of recommended products for people to purchase depending upon their particular condition.

I want to allow visitors to click a link on each of these recommended products and allow them to purchase the item (when they click the product link in the brochure page it will take them to the product in the product section). How do I achieve this - and form a link between a description of a product on a brochure page and the actual product in a product section?

I cannot seem to find any form of html page name on each of the product detail windows to form the link.

Any advice would be useful. Thanks in advance.
    I have the same problem. I've tried to use fragments in a products section as a way around. However, if I reference a product, it displays in the original layout (often part of a whole page of others). To get round this, I created indiviual products (in the same section) that could be displayed alone. That means I now have a sub-section list displayed that I don't want. How do I "hide" this? Or is there an easier solution?
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

I've found the answer by playing around with some alternatives. Simply use the following code in the brochure section to link back to your product item:

!!<<a href="page_name.html#product_refno">>!!

Comment

Nice Find! The only problem is, that it works with IE but not with Firefox. It links to the category but always to the top of the page and not to the product specified.

Comment

You can use the following href :

Code:
          http://www.site.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?PRODREF=XXXXX&amp;NOLOGIN=1
          where XXXXX is the product reference and the "1" in ss000001.pl is the CGI Script ID number as shown under Advanced | Network Settings | Common Settings. The NOLOGIN allows unregistered users to access the page.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X