Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange discount happenings

Hi

A customer of ours has set up some discounts on their shop. They are using Business 7 and are applying discounts to a particular product group (tax guides)

Now the way it is set up, each guide is £45 each. If two guides are bough, a discount has been set up to charge a fixed price of £60 for the 2. There have also been discounts set up for upto 8 guides being bought at once, these are: -

2 guides = £60
    3 guides = £75
    4 guides = £90
    5 guides = £100
    6 guides = £110
    7 guides = £120
    8 guides = £125

Now, the discounts work perfectly, apart from when you order 6 individual guides, the discounts are working fine up to 5 but then when you add the 6th product, it set s the price as £18(ish) rather than £110.

But the confusing thing is, if you add 6 of 1 individual product, the discount works fine. Like wise if you add say 3 of 1 product plus 3 other products, the 6 discount works fine too!

Are there any limitations using this discount feature or is something not quite set up right? You can take a look at the section at http://www.btc-nw.co.uk/acatalog/DTE_Tax_Guides_.html

Any help or advice is welcome

anyone?????

Comment

Hi Martin,

The first thing I would like to check here is that you have entered the discounts into the software with the highest trigger value first, ie:

8 guides = £125
      7 guides = £120
      6 guides = £110
      5 guides = £100
      4 guides = £90
      3 guides = £75
      2 guides = £60

Please confirm that this is what you have done.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

hi tracey

yes it is set as the highest discount first

what difference does this make?

Comment

Hi Martin,

Believe me, it does make a difference. It's all to do with the way it has been coded into the software - I am no programmer so couldn't comment on exactly how it works.

I am just going to set up what you have and try it out to see if I can recreate your problem.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

Hmm, very strange, I can recreate this. I am going to put it to our development team as I can't see why this should be happening. As far as I can see I've set it up correctly.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

so you are getting the same probs also?

strange

if you could update me when you know something, that would be great.

thanks

Comment

Hi,

Apparently this has already been reported as a bug but there is a very easy fix :

- Edit ActinicDiscounts.pm (found in your site1 folder) in a text editor such as notepad

- Search for '$nUsedValue = ($nBasis'
                - Prefix with 'my' so the line now looks like...

my $nUsedValue = ($nBasis

- Save and exit
                - Update site

I've tested this out on my site and it does work.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X