Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different weights for choices

Hi

Am am trying to set up a product that has a choice of different lengths, not a problem, however the different lengths will be a different weight, which affects the shipping charges, Is it possible to put in different weights on choices?
    Karen Nelsey
    www.kjnltd.co.uk

Hi there

The only way to put weights against choices with Actinic is to use associated hidden products.

Say you have 3 choices (small, meduim, large) - you will need to create 3 products (small, meduim, large), these will hold the weights, then you will need to hide them - do thsi by going into each product you have created, and select 'hide on website'.

Then in the permutations tab of the componant coming off the main visable product, you can set each choice to be associated to the hidden product by selecting it from the product drop down list within the permutations tab.

For more information and detailed instructions, see the help file (Help|Help topics) and see 'Supplying Additional Items With A Product'

Hope that helps...

Comment

Thanks for that,

I have done that, bit of a pain considering ive go 30 products all with 4 choices of length, but never mind. In doing this do i keep the prices of the choices in the permutation tab or do i put them on the hidden associated products, also which one affects stock is it on the original product with the choices or is it in the associated item.

Sorry to bombard you will so many questions Im a complete novice at this. I wish actinic had a help line you ring along the same lines as the techical cover you can buy. I have a feeling Im going to have a lot of questions.
      Karen Nelsey
      www.kjnltd.co.uk

Comment

also which one affects stock is it on the original product with the choices or is it in the associated item.
        The associated hidden product is the one that affects the stock levels.

I wish actinic had a help line you ring along the same lines as the techical cover you can buy.
        That is what you get when you purchase techical support cover.

Hope that helps

Comment

I rang technical support yesterday and was told that the technical support cover was for technical problems ie trouble uploading your site etc, it was not there for help building your site, that you could ring on a daily basis.
          Karen Nelsey
          www.kjnltd.co.uk

Comment

Help with building the site is covered in the various guides you can download from the main Actinic site or use the excellent help facility within Actinic itself which should cover most needs.

If they don't answer your questions this community is first rate as someone will probably be able to assist you - if you need further help there are web sites out there such as Grampian Web and Pinbrook amongst others who can help - albeit at a charge.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X