Upgrading from V6 to V7 - Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from V6 to V7 - Advice

I am thinking of upgrading my developer version 6 to version 7 and would like some feedback as to the benefits and drawbacks users have found that have done the same. Of particular interest would be having one product appear in different sections and search engine friendliness.

Cheers in advance
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Hi Owen,

upgraded from v6 to v7 at the start of the year and have not looked back. The ability to have duplicate products in different sections is a real god-send and cannot be underestimated - this was my principle reason for upgrading - let alone all the other benefits.

The real time preview is a bonus but not essential and can become a burden with lots of products and info - I now work with this off for the majority of the time preferring to preview in the full browser.

The new templates are great for developer customers wanting to design quick sites with minimal fuss or design input.

The cost is the only real draw back (there are some issues discussed on here regarding slower scripts) and to be honest the extra features and enhancements you can do over v6 have made this more than a worthy upgrade - especially the duplicate products facility.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I would concur with the above. Just do it.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
      X