Search on title only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search on title only

Is it possible to restrict searching to product title only ie search excludes all description text?
    Ideally, I don't want to be adding a custom property containing the title, unless this is the only way to achieve this.

On the subject of custom properties, I am concerned that adding custom properties to all my products (some 7000-8000 items) will make the database too large. Is there any easy way of calculating maximum database size as Access obviously has its limits. The ball park max figure often mentioned is 10,000 Actinic products. I would interested to know how adding say 3 custom properties of 10 characters each, to each product would affect the maximum number of products the database could reasonably handle.

Thanks in advance for all and any advice

Martin

Hi Martin

I'm afraid there is no other way i can think of. Actinic will always search on Short Description as well as long description. It what written within the SearchScript.pl file.

Not too sure about your 2nd question, however i can say that v5 runs off an Access 2000 database. The limitation of the Access 2000 database is that it can only hold 2 gb of data. After that it will be corrupted.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem
      The max data size of Acess2000 was exactly what I was after.
      The search limitations are a bit of a disappointment though.

Comment

Working...
      X