Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Form

Hi,
    I've got the contact form working, IT SENDS THE MAIL, but after it sends it still gives me the following error. "Authentication turned on in your email client" I contacted my server (sibername.com) They don't know much about Actinic Software, they must have been off the planet for awhile, or they have a small cliental. They told me I could do one of two things to fix it. See below. Would one of these work? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. If worse comes to worse, how would I just change the contact us to an email link?

Thanks
    Randy

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to fix this, you can use one of the following options:

Option A -- You can re-create the form without marking any fields as required

Option B -- Download the form (via File Manager feature or via FTP from /media)
    Open file in text/code/html editor (rename file to '.html' if your editor can't open as '.form'). At the top of the code, you should see something like this:

This field is submitted with the form to let the system know which fields to "require" (separated by semicolons). Each of the fields listed in this tag's 'value=' must match a 'name=' of one of the fields within the form.

If you can spot a mismatch, then that may well be what's causing the problem, and you can just correct the typo to fix it. Otherwise, just rip out the entire "required_fields" tag. The fields won't actually be "required", but they'll look like they are to the customer's visitors...and the form will work.

Then just upload the file to the site (make sure .form extension is preserved). If you have already put the form on a page. One of you will need to just open that page and re-save it (just 'Open/Edit' --> 'Save' --> done).

Hi there

The instruction they have given you is to implement formmail into your website. However Actinic has already done this.

From the error message:
    Authentication turned on in your email client
    Actinic want you to put your email server host, username and password in "Advance | Network Setup | Email Settings". These details must be from the hosting company, and in "View | Business Settings | Company/Contact", the email address here also has to be from your hosting company. You cannot put a third party email address here.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X