Text in Checkout Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text in Checkout Buttons

I would like replace the text in the button that is labelled 'Next' on the 3rd checkout page to 'Place Order'.

I tried simply changing it in 'Act_Order02' from the netquotevar but that left the button sending the shopper back to the catalogue not placing a order.

I think it might be in the 'view, text' options but I cant find it

The site is live, but we charge manually so test orders can be placed using test as customer name and details on file for payment.

www.theworkbasket.co.uk
    Thanks in advance
    Chris Lawton
    http://www.theworkbasket.co.uk/
    Cross Stitch & Craft Store

Hi Chris

Just tried doing this on a default site, the actual text is coming from "Design | Text | Web Site | Encryption (Java)"
    Its the 3rd line here, however if you change this, this will change every instance of "Next" within the checkout page. Also changing the label name of the button does not work, so I'm afraid, currently this is not possible.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for trying

I had a feeling this would be the answer.

I will have to find a work around
      Chris Lawton

Comment

I was just wondering if anyone every found a soultion to this.
        My customer has a problem with the Next> button on the last Order page before the Receipt. They need it to say 'Place Order' as shoppers expect a final - only press this button if you want to place an order. Searched and searched on here but cannot find a solution. Can you help?

Comment

Hi mark

I simply added place order into the last page of of the checkout.

Please feel free to take a look at my site www.theworkbasket.co.uk. put something in the basket and go through checkout to the pages until you see the added code.

Hope this helps.
          Chris Lawton

Comment

Thanks Chris.

I had a look at your site to see what you did and accidently placed a dummy order -- Sorry.

Your aproach does work but I needed something a little more elegant. After reading and rereading the Advanced user guide I found the bit about images for buttons on checkout page and created a set of buttons for use on the checkout pages and this works exactly as I want.

The advanced User Guide does have some very usefull and easy to implement tips and trick.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to reply and it was interesting browsing your shop to see what 'other people' are doing with actinic.

Comment

Working...
            X