Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LINK] variable help needed

Hi guys,

on our site, we have, for every product that we sell and external link with the manufacturers code, linking to the manufacturers website using the [LINK] variable. This is however at the moment pulling traffic away from our website. When you click on the reference code it will take you the manufacturers page within the same browser window, which is not good. I would like it to be so that when you click the link it opens a new browser. Not knowing much about HTML, but me is thinking that the [LINK] variable uses a target=self whereas I think I want it to be target=new_name. Does anyone know where I can change this variable within actinic?

Many thanks in advance.

www.skysolutions.co.uk

Hi Roy,

one solution would be to enter the HTML into the product description and set the target as a new window and not use the [LINK] function.

Opening a new window will still drag people away but will keep yours beneath - which they may not be aware of - if you really need to show additional info it may be worth using it as a pop-up window on your own site and not directing to the manufacturers at all. Best to keep people on your site as long as possible to help make the sale.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You can do this via Design / Text.

For the Simple Link, go to Design / Text / Phase -1, ID 1191 and change from

<A HREF="%s">

to

<A HREF="%s" target="new_name">

and for the Advanced Link go to Phase -1, ID 2058 and change from

<A HREF = %s TARGET="%s">%s</A>

to

<A HREF = %s TARGET="new_name" dummy="%s">%s</A>
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks very much Mr Rouxel!

Comment