How can I transfer site to another pc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I transfer site to another pc?

A short while ago our server was upgraded and in the process the hard drive was removed. I still have it and installed it in my pc. The problem is actinic was installed on the server. I have reloaded actinic on my pc but there doesn't appear to be any snapshot file saved on the old hard disk. If I overwrite the new site1 files with those of the old ones would this do the trick and if so will I still be able to download orders from our site or would the newly created encryption key prevent this. I am unsure of the best course of action - any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Sodapop

You will need to make sure you have the same version to install as the one you were using. Install on new PC then copy all the site files from the old version into this new one. If the only copy you have is what was on the server then I am afraid you have a lot of work ahead.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Originally posted by garyhay
      I am afraid you have a lot of work ahead.
      Could you break down the steps involved a bit please. I have copied the site files and connected to the server; I can upload but am still unable to download?
      Sodapop

Comment

Instead of using the Blue upload arrow do

WEB > REFRESH WEBSITE then try a download
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
        X