Extracting customer info from orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extracting customer info from orders

I am trying to extract my customers names, postal addresses, etc. from their orders placed in actinic so that I can add them to my members list in Outlook 97 (to inform them of members only special offers).

Is there an easy way of doing this? I've tried to have a play with crystal reports but I don't seem to get any usuable data. I am a bit stupid when it comes to databases.

Can anyone give me any guidelines?

Thanks in advance, best wishes
    Helen

If you export your orders you a file called persons.csv will be created, this contains all of the address and email details for your customers (alternately open up access, select the persons table and export that). You can import this to outlook but I would suggest using an email distribution package rather than outlook.

I recommend one called groupmail, it is free (see my website for more details - http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Email_Marketing_s.html), it will be able to load up the details from the export file you have created, as it loads them it will remove duplicates (outlook will create multiple entries). You can then use group mail to write and send personalise emails to your customers. There is an addon that allows you to manage email lists but it is only available in the version of groupmail that you buy and it is a bit limited - it is apparently under development though.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Just to add my support to what Jan says. I use Groupmail myself and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to send out mailshots.

There's a free version and a paid for version. Jan's site has a link you can follow.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Exporting the orders doesn't remove them from actinic, does it? Thanks for your help

Best wishes
        Helen

Comment

They will stay in Actinic but the print status for the packing list and the invoice will change to exported. This might stop orders from being included in the 'outstanding' report prints and I think that they might also move over to the completed tab (if they are not already there).

If you don't want to have any effect on Actinic and you have a copy of Microsoft Access the best thing to do would be to open up the database, select the persons table, right click and then select the export option to create the file. There will be no side effects anywhere then.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X