Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum Quantity Orderable - Template

Hi All,

Is it possible to reference the "Minimum Quantity Orderable" as a NETQUOTEVAR in the Product template?? Can't see what the variable name would be .

Any help appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Lee Daniels

Hi Lee,

I'm afraid not, there is any one variable for the quantity box which is "NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY". What is it you are trying to do?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for the reply Nadeem,

I've previously been using a custom variable to display this on my webpage but couldn't remember if I'd checked to see if there was a NETQUOTEVAR for the minimum order quantity when we first purchased Actinic.

I stick with using the variable for now.

Lee

Comment

I think I'm looking for something similar, but not quite.

In the big picture, what I'm trying to do, is force several product quantities on a single page to be exactly the same, so the customer doesn't need to enter the same quantity more than once. I have asked about this before, and the only solution I can come up with (none was provided before) is to use javascript to change the other quantity fields to be the same as the first one.

The one thing that is tripping me up right now is many of the products have different minimum quantities. Obviously, this variable is stored somewhere because it is possible to have different minimums for each product. Is it at all possible to include this as a variable in a hand-coded <input> tag? If I can hand-code the <input> tags, I can include the necessary code to change the other fields on the pages.

Or is there some other way to have a single quantity applied to multiple products on the same page? The other issue is, it can't be all of the products, because there is one product on some of the pages that must stay 1 no matter what the other quantity is.
        Matthew Cowgur
        DARMEDIA, Inc.

Comment

Matt,

You can set the minimum quantity orderable on an individual product and this information is stored in the database (ActinicCatalog.mdb), since each product is brought in by a template (Act_ProductLine.html) NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY is able to read the quantity assigned to a product. The only way I can see of you achieving what you want is to play around with using CUSTOMVARS on teh properties tab of each product so that you can use javascript to pull the quantities from here for the auto enter. If you set the shopping mode on the layout tab of the sections to be 'Quantity on Product page' and set teh minimum on a per product basis, then the product display will by default show the minimum value.

Dont know if that is of any help but what you want to achieve is quite possible this way, unless you had something else in mind, in which case maybe a bit more detail and a URL will help.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X