Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog V6 within an existing none E Commerce Site

Hi there,
    Does anybody know how I can implement Catalog V6 generated Site to my existing "none E Commerce Site"? I already have a "Linking Page" designed which should lead the Visitor then to the Online Shop.

HOW????????

Sounds to me like Catalog is exactly what you want.

It will create a complete catalog under the /catalog/ directory and will run indepently of your main site (other than whatever links you want to make to it).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for your reply olderscot

Do you mean that I can put my "none E Commerce Site"
      into: "C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\PreviewHTML" ?, as this seams to me the only Directory.

What do you think - wrong Directory?

Comment

When actinic uploads itself to your webserver it will create a folder below the root called acatalog, and places all the html etc in that folder

Thus to create a link from your non ecommerce site you just link to it using the following path "acatalog/index.html"

Do you mean that I can put my "none E Commerce Site" .......................
        the folder C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\PreviewHTML is a local folder the contents of which are generated when you preview the site on your local machine.

You don't have to integrate your non ecommerce site with catalog on your local PC. Leave it where ever it is, the 2 halves of the site will sit side by side on the remote webserver as described in the first sentence of this reply.

Comment

Thanks for your help pinbrook

I will do that. I just did not know how to work it out, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X