Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug in 7.0.3 (or me doing something stupid) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in 7.0.3 (or me doing something stupid) ?

Hi - I am using Actinic Business 7.0.3. I have a top level section within my shop that contains several subsections. When I add a text only fragment to the top level section and generate the html pages, the subsection links are duplicated on the page.

The generated html page shows me:

Section links:
    Fragment information:
    Section links again:

Help !!!
    Regards
    David

Hi David,

Do you have a url for us to look at? To see the problem, i've not seen this on a default 7.0.3 Site. One thing to check, is that if you go to "Design | Option | Section", here for "Parent Section Links" or "Default Location and Arrangement of Section Lists", are any of these marked as "Both"?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem. They are both set to "Both".

David
      Regards
      David

Comment

Hi there

Try setting them to "TOP" instead.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

...and follow this link to see it in action:

Doubling up of sections

This is the fragment text "Great deals and unbeatable prices - buy Supertramp round trampolines, Supertramp circular trampolines and Supertramp performance trampolines and trampoline supplies online in the UK at For Outdoors."
          Regards
          David

Comment

Hi Nadeem - I've tried setting them both to top but it has not made a difference.
            Regards
            David

Comment

Hi there

Ahh.. thanks for providing a url, okay go to "Design | Option | Section". Make sure in "Location and Arrangement of Top level Section List", "Include in Front Page" is not ticked.

I think it is ticked for your one, that why its doubling. Untick it, and the problem should go.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem - just checked and this is not ticked. See attached image of section tab.
                Attached Files
                Regards
                David

Comment

typo

just had a peek (might even get in touch and buy one .. my little girl would be dead up for a trampoline - I shall talk to Madam) .. but just saw a couple of typos on that page ..

High Jump Premier 12 Circualr Trampolines

and the safety enclosure has compatable rather than compatible

just trying to help, forgive me if this is an unwelcome suggestion.

Comment

Hi David - thanks for that - I have now corrected them. Cheers
                    Regards
                    David

Comment

hi Nadeem - any more thoughts on this one?
                      Regards
                      David

Comment

Hi David,

Hmmm... it a strange issue, because it looks like what i have previous reported. I would suggest in registering an email request with Support on http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

They would need to ask for your snapshot, so they can see what happening. By the way, when i checked the example section: http://foroutdoors.co.uk/acatalog/Su...ampolines.html

It did not show up the doubling of section, have you sorted this out?

Kind Regards
                        Nadeem Rasool
                        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem - I will report it as suggested.

I have not sorted it out - just removed the fragment for now as it is a live site and did not want to confuse customers.
                          Regards
                          David

Comment

for anybody out there who is interested...this reply from the actinic development team fixed the problem.

As you have opted to display the Sub section list in both the places (Top and Bottom), the links are displayed twice when undeleting the fragment. In order to resolve this issue, we need to select that section, go to 'Layout' tab and select 'List Placement' to 'Default' (see Image1.gif)
                            Attached Files
                            Regards
                            David

Comment

Working...
                            X