X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site1 copy same as snapshot?

I think the title says it all really.

Hope someone can advise me on this.
    Whenever i try to import a snapshot from one pc the other, Actinic crashes.
    When Actinic is re-opened it looks as though the snapshot hasin fact been imported.
    I don't feel that i can trust this 100% and wonder if simply taking a copy of the site1 folder and using it on the other machine is the same as importing the snapshot.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hi Andy

I don't feel that i can trust this 100% and wonder if simply taking a copy of the site1 folder and using it on the other machine is the same as importing the snapshot.
    Yes you could do this, however also if you go into "Housekeeping | Security", open notepad and copy and paste the encryption key into there. This is needed on the other pc for decrypting orders. If you have imported a previous snapshot, then you might not need to copy the encryption key.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

What about the moving a site1 folder from a previous version (6.1.3) to a new version (6.1.5) site1 folder? Moving the site from a new computer and have already added the latest 6.0 patch to get it to 6.1.5

Are any files in the site1 folder part of patches generally? I don't really want to update the 6.1.3 version to 6.1.5 and have it go through the upgrader.

Thanks,
      Jason

Comment

Hi Jason

I don't really want to update the 6.1.3 version to 6.1.5 and have it go through the upgrader
        Well you could simply take a backup of the templates to another folder (copy them over) then upgrade to 6.1.5. Let it run the site upgrader, then copy back the original 6.1.3 templates over ontop of the 6.1.5 site1 folder.

However i would recommend in reading the release notes so you can see what was fixed in the templates.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X