Checkout Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout Process

Is it possible to have the qty/add to cart option on the product page but instead of been returned to the product page after adding the product to the cart and the bounce delay is it possible to go direct to the view order page with the options to update, continue or checkout when you select add to cart.
    Regards
    Brian

I am sure I have seen this in operation somewhere

Hi there

Download the Advance User Guide for v7, then look at Page 46 - Going Straight to the Checkout after Adding to Cart. This is what you wanted.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

The only query would be that the details refer to a page where there is only one add to cart button, whereas we have an add to cart per product, is it still posiible?

Regards
      Brian

Comment

Hi Brian,

Not with the above fix, you may need to amend this fix, but i don't know how. It may be you cannot do it, due to the case, if you edit the "Act_CartButton.html" then this is going to apply for all add to cart in the store. That why we have the fix for the single add to cart button. Try it, but if you just want it to some section, then you cannot do this I'm afraid.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem

But if we adopt this method it would be for the entire store not just for a section, so I assume we can amend the template and ignore the reference to the single add to cart button

Brian

Comment

Hi Brian,

Yes that correct, if you were to make the change on Act_CartButton.html, it will be for the whole site, so you can ignore the reference to the single add to cart button.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

Sorry for the delay in responding to your last but am I correct in my thinking that if I amend the act_cartbutton.html file as follows -
              replace the existing code (as below)

<P><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONLABEL" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONNAME"></P>

by replacing the above with
              <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="Checkout Now">
              <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="CHECKOUTURL"
              VALUE="cgi-bin-url/os00000x.pl?ACTION=Start" TARGET="_self">
              The phrase 'Checkout Now' must be replaced with the exact text as defined in Design | Text |
              Go to | Phase -1, ID 184 (Default is 'Checkout Now').
              The phrase 'Start' must be replaced with the encoded text as defined in Design | Text | Go to |
              Phase -1, ID 113 (default is 'Start').
              'cgi-bin-url' must be replaced by cgi-bin URL as defined in Network Setup.
              Change the x in os00000x.pl to whatever your 'CGI Script ID' number is.

That this will then mean that when a customer adds a product to the cart they will automatically go straight to checkout?

One final point we are currently using an image for the add to cart button, will this affect the above?

Current site http://www.chancellor.co.uk

Regards
              Brian

Comment

Hi Brian

That this will then mean that when a customer adds a product to the cart they will automatically go straight to checkout?
                Yes that correct.

One final point we are currently using an image for the add to cart button, will this affect the above?
                No it should not affect the above.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

Finally got around to updating this template as above but unfortunately it has made no difference at all. Which makes we wonder if the site is actually using this act_cartbutton template, as i indicated on my earlier message we use an image for add to cart and not the text button.

see website

regards
                  Brian

Comment

Hi Brian,

Sorry my mistake, you should see a template called "Act_CartButtonImage.html", in your Site folder, which has the following code:

HTML Code:
                    <P><INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" SRC="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONIMG" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONNAME"
                    WIDTH="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEWIDTH" HEIGHT="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEHEIGHT" BORDER="0" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONLABEL"></P>
                    Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

No problem

Is it case of copying the new modified code to a position below the code thats already there or do I need to replace the original code i.e.

<P><INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" SRC="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONIMG" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONNAME"
                      WIDTH="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEWIDTH" HEIGHT="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEHEIGHT" BORDER="0" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONLABEL"></P>

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="Checkout Now">
                      <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="CHECKOUTURL"
                      VALUE="cgi-bin-url/os00000x.pl?ACTION=Start" TARGET="_self">

or
                      ??

Regards
                      Brian

Comment

Hi Brian,

Yes, I would try that code.

Kind Regards
                        Nadeem Rasool
                        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...