Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoices & back orders

Hi,
    I am sure someone has come across this before - but can't find in the forums.
    When we back order products - this is shown on the original orders invoice that items are to follow.
    We may then ship part of that back order, and back order the remaining products again. However the items to follow are not show on the bottom of the next invoice - only a box where this information should be.
    Is Actinic only setup to order one back order, is this a bug ?

Best regards

Niels

Hi Niels

I think Actinic is 'supposed' to allow you to back order a second or third time, but in practice it dosen't work very well.

In my experience, the whole back order system is full of wee bugs, as we have had problems with wrongly calculated postage (the full postage remaining in the main order, despite part of it having been allocated to the back order), wrongly calculated VAT after a back order split (an easy one to miss, as the mistake isn't obvious unless you can do your VAT calcs in your head), and finally the one you spotted - the 'missing' back order note on second back order invoices.

In practice, its sometimes easier to cancel the back order items and start a new seperate order.

The only element we've had more trouble with is 'Add Adjustments' in version 5, which definately dosen't like you if you don't do it right first time. I believe version 7 dosen't suffer with this as you now have the facility to add product lines and adjustments freely offline.

Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,
      Thanks - another 'bug' we have found is on the discounts side - offers and discounts relating to certain products may not be brought forward with back -orders.

Regards

Niels

Comment

Hi there

What version of Actinic are you running? Testing on 7.0.3, i've done an offline order which contains 3 products. I have shipped off one order, closed it, and selected "Back Order", clicked on "OK". This works fine. I then open the backorder, then shipped off one product, closed it, and again clicked on "Back Order" and click "OK". Again fine, and finally shipped off the last back order.

It worked for me. Please can you try it with off line ordering.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,
          Dosn't work - we are using 7.0.1 - must be a bug that has been fixed - I'll look in to upgrading soon. Thanks

Best regards

Niels

Comment

Working...
          X