Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Transfer Catalog To New Computer System. Hellllllllpp!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
    multi-task such us blokes cannot do!
    Hey you talk for yourself, i can drink beer and talk

Comment

Just wanted to post an update for anyone who experiences the problems I have.

Firstly, thanks to Actinic for sorting both problems in about 2 seconds flat. Thanks to them also for their patience.

If any other new members are like me and you have a good web business going on V7 I suggest you pay for the telephone support and use it. I expect you may have no option but to sit in a queue for a while to talk to someone but if you are effectively protecting your income then it is a good investment. I did spend some time waiting to speak to the support desk but it was well worth it.

For the benefit of any other low computer skills members who may be transferring their cart, the solutions to my problems were as follows:

The main 'Read Only' issue was a permissions issue within Vista. Turned off the 'User Permissions' and everything worked fine.

The secondary problem was that I was messing up the naming of the file when taking the snapshot file. Pretty basic stuff but then as I in my original post that I am computer thick, no secret.

The copying and pasting of the files from 'Site 1' to 'Site 1' worked fine as well (as per the instructions on the Actinic Website).

The whole lot took me about a dozen clicks and a 5 minute phone call.

Thanks to the Members/Actinic Partners who offered courtious suggestions to my problems, although some were a bit off target I really appreciate the effort.

As for the bloke in the shed.....................There's a button just behind your ear marked 'people skills'.......Flick it to on mate.

Comment

I am delighted as she can now stand closer to the sink
        thats no mean feat!

As its the start of a New Year, I'm going to step in (with my regular sized feet), and peace-make a little.

Malcolm (shed bloke) sometimes does have a low patience threshhold, born out of dealing with some peeps who quite often come on to the boards, ask a question, don't listen, and then disappear without a thanks (or worse still moan and moan). His knowledge and advice is highly respected by the regulars.

I don't think the original poster (Chris) was guilty of any disrespect, and has been polite throughout, so maybe was shouted down a bit unfairly! The 'challenge' to your solution Malc was simply confusion, having received a different set of advice from the help desk.

Kiss and make up guys!

Comment

As for the bloke in the shed.....................There's a button just behind your ear marked 'people skills'.......Flick it to on mate
          Pay me a few hundred pounds a year and you will get some people skills - other than that get what you are given when you insult people on a forum

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1963 View Post
            Firstly, thanks to Actinic for sorting both problems in about 2 seconds flat. Thanks to them also for their patience.
            Would you say 2 seconds is a fair reflection of patience? I'd be classed as an incredibly patient person if it was.
            As you were.....

Comment

Working...
            X