Actinic and Multi-User Environment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic and Multi-User Environment?

Quick question. I was just wondering if anyone has used actinic in a multi-user environment. Say someone has a home office (using workgroups) or small business (using domain) and have multiple copies of actinic on different machines.

Just thinking if one computer is being occupied then the other could be used to update the site. Problem is everything would have to be in a shared location and all machines and actinic copies would have to point to the same location so everything is ins ync.

Any future plans for this?

Thanks,
    Jason

....more info

I was also thinking if the same version of actinic were installed on two machines would there

Sceniro:

Computer 1
    Updates a new product A and uploads

Coomputer 2 updates a new product B and uploads

Will the live site have both the product A and product B? I'm assuming they will. Does Actinic only remove files from the server when they are flagged as deleted? Also are the images from the server removed?

I'm thinking this would work, just if one machine deleted products and the other machine didn't have the latest snapshot then it could move the products back up. That would be the only really issue.

Thanks,
    Jason

Comment

There is a multi-user version of Actinic Business at the moment. If you would like more details, you can give our sales dept a ring on +44 (0)845 129 4800.

Comment

Working...
      X