Get one product free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get one product free

I am sorry for hogging this forum, but my site needs to be done soon and am racking my brain trying to figure some things out. I need to offer a free cap to everone that buys a t-shirt, is their anyway to do this in actinic? I have tried and tried?

Dieter

Hi Dieter - why not create a product for the cap and set to zero value then add that as a component to your t-shirts

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      Hi Dieter - why not create a product for the cap and set to zero value then add that as a component to your t-shirts
      Jont,

If you do that wouldn't it order a hat for "each" T-Shirt? Let's say the customer ordered 10 T-shirts, wouldn't it then want to send 10 hats. Unless that is the way the client wants it?

Just a thought
      Eagle
      Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

If there is no minimum purchase on the t-shirts then every t-shirt would qualify for a cap : 10 t-shirts should receive 10 caps - if this is not the case as Albert suggests this needs to be very carefully worded and specified on the website as some purchasers will expect a free cap with every t-shirt they buy and a lot will hold them to it (the Hoover holiday fiasco in the UK springs to mind)

If it is 1 cap only regardless of the number of t-shirts bought then you could set up a product group for t-shirts and a cap product with zero value and then set this in the Discounts & Surcharges setting to receive the cheapest 1 free and restrict to only 1 offer per order

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X