Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Pricing Discount

This could be a daft question but .....

I have some customer accounts that have a 10% discount. This has been set up by going to:

Discounts and surcharge settings tab
    Customer Pricing tab
    Highlighting Customer group
    Multiply by 0.900% - to give a 10% discount

However when I then view the shop through the eyes of an account holder I see this as an example:

Retail Price: £4.00

Your Price: £3.60

But £3.60 is more than a 10% discount????

Where is it getting the sums wrong - or is it me!!

It would appear to be giving near 11% or slightly higher - it it me being daft - I know its not a lot - but just frustrated that its inaccurate

Any ideas
    Jxx

Hi,

Seems ok to me.

10% of £4.00 is 40p.

£4.00 - 40p = £3.60

Is that not what you intended?

Best Regards.

Comment

Ummm - yep - me being stupid then!!!!

I was working out 3.60 plus 10% - my mistake - arrgghh

Many thanks for being gifted with a brain and sharing it

Jxx
      Jxx

Comment

No problem.

I always remember when I used to work the ex-Vat price of an new item for our catalog by guessing, multiplying the guess by 1.175 and increasing/decreasing the guess until I hit the price I wanted. Used to take ages. Then my wife asked why I did it that way rather than using the simple /47*7 formula... (She still hasn't forgotten that).

sigh...

Comment

How'd you know I worked my prices the same way - but not anymore!!!!

Thats really helpful

Thanks again

Jxx
          Jxx

Comment

Originally posted by MJH
            I used to work the ex-Vat price of an new item for our catalog by guessing, multiplying the guess by 1.175 and increasing/decreasing the guess until I hit the price I wanted. Used to take ages. Then my wife asked why I did it that way rather than using the simple /47*7 formula... (She still hasn't forgotten that).
            You are right not the wife... the ex-Vat price is calculated by dividing the inc Vat price by 1.175

eg: £100.00 inc / 1.175 = £85.11 (the ex-Vat price)

Mrs MJH equation gives the Vat element on a inc Vat price

eg: £100.00 inc / 47 * 7 = £14.89 .... the same as £100.00 - £85.11

That's the beauty of mathematics - usually more than 1 way to get to the answer - your method is quicker so Mrs MJH should let up a little

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
              You are right not the wife... the ex-Vat price is calculated by dividing the inc Vat price by 1.175

eg: £100.00 inc / 1.175 = £85.11 (the ex-Vat price)

Mrs MJH equation gives the Vat element on a inc Vat price

eg: £100.00 inc / 47 * 7 = £14.89 .... the same as £100.00 - £85.11

That's the beauty of mathematics - usually more than 1 way to get to the answer - your method is quicker so Mrs MJH should let up a little
              Nice one! That's an even easier way...

Unfortunately, you are giving me too much credit because it hadn't even occured to me to divide the inc-VAT price I wanted by 1.175

I was there multiplying a series of ex-Vat best-guesses by 1.175 until I hit the inc-Vat price I wanted.

How daft it that...

(I knew I should have paid more attention at school )

Comment

On the same kind of subject though, even though I have a group discount setup, when i log in with my test account I get this:

Your Price: £4.00

There is no difference shown.

I have my discount set to a group called Discount and apply a 2% discount

Any ideas why the discount doesnt gecalculated and shown? I have to hide retail prices to stop this from showing.

The discount shows fine in the checkout pages....

Comment

Hi there

Your Price: £4.00
                  Just to recap, if you go to "View | Discount and Surcharge Settings | Customer Pricing", you set your "Trade/Special" group with a 2% discount? I
                  f you click on "Customer Group" button, have you associated the customer account with the customer group?

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                  X