not confirming optional options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not confirming optional options

When you have a product that has optional componants (such as the 'movie' with optional teeshirt in the example shop) it automatically asks you to confirm before adding to the basket, where-as other items are just added straight in.

Can this be avoided so it doesn't ask?
    John

Well, maybe I'm wrong but with my products who have optional components I'm not asked anything
    Do you have an Url for us to see ?
    User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

Each page can have a different shopping mode. The Demo Site uses all of these so some pages act differently from others.

Select a Section and look under Layout / Shopping Mode to see what's there.

BTW "Use Parent" usually leads to the one set globally in Design / Options / Shop Defaults / Shopping Mode, but, as mentioned above, this can be overriden at the Section level.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

drifting slightly off topic for a moment... what's up with the signatures?

I tried adding some html in the control panel, but it just displayed the html on the screen - so I removed it and saved my sig again - but it keeps adding [url] tags around my website addresses, and it is displaying the tags in my signature.

everyone elses seems to work - why can't I have html signature, or at least get rid of these stupid [url] tags
        John

Comment

ah... it's in design options/shop defaults/shopping mode.

That leads me to another question...

How do I set the qty to 1, without having the quantity showing on the catalog page (as with 'quantity on product page') or without is asking in the shopping cart (as with the 'quantity in shopping cart' option)?

I just want to push a button and have it add 1 to shopping cart - no if's, no but's, no are you sure's - just 1 in the cart and nothing else to press.
          John

Comment

Try View Business Settings / Ordering / Miscellaneous / Order Quantity Always One.

You may also need to, on the Product Pages, in your Product Template replace the fragment

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY<br>

with

<!--NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY<br>--><input type=hidden name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="1">

Comment

no, that does something different - it just whinges if you try to add more than one...

and is it just me or are all the avtars screwed up on this board...?
              John

Comment

Then use the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY<br> replacement.

Comment

Working...
                X