Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One product, controlling stock levels for 2? (difficult to explain!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One product, controlling stock levels for 2? (difficult to explain!)

Is there a way of setting products up so that you can select a single product but affect the stock levels of 2 different associated items?
    I'll explain. I sell clothing and sometimes I want to combined products into one purchase.
    So, I can sell the trousers OR the jacket but I'd like to be able to offer the SUIT at a reduced price but have BOTH the trousers AND the jacket as associated products so that selecting the suit not only gives the discounted price but also reduces the stock level of both items.
    I've thought about it before but the recent introduction of my "mix & match" pyjamas would make good use of this (I offer a top with a choice of matching shorts or trousers) I currently have to list all 3 as separate items but it'd be great to be able to offer them separately OR combined.
    Any ideas? Something for the wishlist?
    Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

Hi,

You need to create a product for the suit and then have two components - associate one to the jacket and the other to the trousers. Then when you download an order for a suit it will update the stock of the jacket and trousers.

As long as you associate the component or permutation to another product then the stock will be changed for that product.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you Tracey!!
      It's not something I've ever done before. I've only ever used components in order to offer choices, IYSWIM!
      Will give that a go
      Cheers
      Tracey
      Tracey

Comment

Working...
      X