Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Download Payment Options

Hi,

I am selling digital Downloads from my site. The downloads are zip files which contain about 10 mp3 files (they are full albums). We want to start offering the albums on a track by track basis and remove the necessity to have to download zip files altogether.

We plan to charge 99c per track. A problem we face is that if someone decides to use a debit card to buy all ten tracks then that is fine. We use worldpay, so we get charged the normal 4.5% of the total transaction and a charge of 50c per transaction.

But if someone decides to buy just one track, using a debit card - (its ok for credit cards as they dont occur the extra 50c charge)we get charged the 4.5% of 99c plus the 50c transaction charge. this does not leave a lot from the 99c!

What we are looking to do is set up a payment option. Lets say that someone decides to buy over 5 tracks then the payment goes automatically through worldpay, but if they buy under five it goes through paypal. Is this possbile to assign / set up in the options of the store? Failing that we could gert someone to handle micropayents and just use them. are there any in built micro payment companies in the business setting we can use, we are based in Ireland. Any options on any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

But i suppose the main question is - Is there a way of assigning one particular payment processing merchant to selected items?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Andy

Hi,

Is there a way of assigning one particular payment processing merchant to selected items?
    The problem is not of which items they order but the amount that they order. I'm afraid that this is not possible in the software. At the moment you can only restrict discounts to particular payment methods.

are there any in built micro payment companies in the business setting we can use
    You already mention that you can use Paypal for under 5 items and they are built into the software. Other than that you would have to contact the particular PSPs to find out what their rates are. A list of who are integrated with Actinic can be found here, unless someone else with experience of these PSPs can guide you.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X