displaying current number of products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

displaying current number of products

Does anyone know how I might be able to add a field into template which provides the current number of products within the store (preferably ignoring those which are duplicates) ..

i.e. You lucky, lucky people .. you have 750 exciting products to choose from.

Thanks

David

ps. this is a duplicate post to that in 'developers' just in case ... !

Hi David,

There is no automatic way of getting the number of products you have in the store. The only way I can see of doing it would be to create a query in the ActinicCatalog.mdb file to extract the products that are not duplicates and then manually input the number into a fragment or the header or footer in the site.

To do this take a backup of ActinicCatalog.mdb file (found in the site folder) first, then open it with Access 2000.
    Create a new query in design view and add the 'Product' table to the window.
    Close the 'Show Table' window
    Find the 'Product Reference' field in the table and drag it into the first column in the grid below
    In the 'Criteria' field type: Not Like "*!*"
    Run the query and it will display all product references (without duplicates)
    The full record count will be at the bottom of the window.

You can then manually enter the text you want to display in the relevant template/fragment etc depending on where you want to show it on the site.

I hope this helps
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Is this something that would be useful to a few people, if so I could add something to our free library to setup customvars with this information for all sections. Email me (jan at mole-end.biz) if you would find this useful, if I get enough interest I will write a little program.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X