Missing Content and Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Content and Orders

I can export (design changes only) using 'deploy snapshot' from Actinic Developer 7 without any problems.

When I import these design only changes into my customers' Actinic Business 7, it crashes his Actinic. you cannot select the orders or content tabs at the top of the screen, it is as if nothing exists.

Can anyone help?
    Attached Files

Hi,

When you 'Deploy' a snapshot you select the options that you want available to the client. Therefore, if you are only selecting 'Design changes' then your client will not get any other options. You should either deploy the snapshot with all options selected or just create a normal snapshot for him to import (File | Snapshot | Export site).
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

but what if the client has added new products himself, and downloaded orders every day. Can't I send him a snapshot to update the look of his site.

At the moment I'm emailing him Act_primaryCart Act_PrimaryCheckout Act_BrochurePrimary Act_Primary and Act_PrimaryAlt HTML files and asking him to drop it into his actinic site folder.

Is this the best way to update his files without replacing his catalog products & orders?

Comment

Probably the easiest way to send the files.

Snapshot will change his entire site
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi,

but what if the client has added new products himself, and downloaded orders every day. Can't I send him a snapshot to update the look of his site.
          A snapshot is a backup of the site folder (Site1) and contains everything including the database, therefore, as Gary mentions, if you have an old database and send him the snapshot you will overwrite the content of his, so he will lose products that he has entered.

If you are just making design changes then sending him the templates as you do now is the best thing to do.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X