Urgently need a new hosting service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been with 4SureHosting since we launched last September, and in general are delighted with their service. The only problem is the excessive amount of downtime.

They suffered a Denial of Service attack in November which caused the site to be down for ages, had another downtime on 3rd of March, and have now gone down again as of 10:00pm yesterday. This one due to an explosion in the network system in London that melted the cables so not their cause, but it still means our business is suffering. Being seasonal, and this being the height of the season, we cannot afford to wait until they come back up, and there is no indication whether that will be hours or days away. Already lost 18 hours!

Can anybody recommend a good reliable hosting service that can handle Actinic who has a better record on downtime? All suggestions gratefully received.

any preference on where the host is located?

UK - USA - Outer Hebrides?

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Thank for your reply.

I really don't know the pros and cons of offshore hosting, thinking that UK is better as you can always phone these easier if there are problems - like I have now!

Open to suggestions - quite honestly I could't care less if it's in Outer Mongolia as long as it works, as at the moment my business is being compromised by not being available online.

Comment

Originally posted by hiddenhousebulb
        Thank for your reply.

I really don't know the pros and cons of offshore hosting, thinking that UK is better as you can always phone these easier if there are problems - like I have now!

Open to suggestions - quite honestly I could't care less if it's in Outer Mongolia as long as it works, as at the moment my business is being compromised by not being available online.

Well... we host a number of UK based Actinic stores - all of our servers are (currently) in the USA.

no problem - email me your account required (off-list - as we don't want to start any problems here):

greg _AT_ webyourbusiness.com

I need to know:

disk space required
        bandwidth requirements per month
        number of email boxes you need.

Each of our hosting packages comes with a limit of each - we are flexible though and have plenty actinic clients who have gone all the way to dedicated servers...

regards

Greg

1. disk space
        Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

give Jenny Scott a call at netenergy I have used them for a couple of actinic sites now and they seem really good (very helpful I found). That said I went straight to them and didn't 'ring round' so where they are price wise I couldn't say .. but they didn't seem too expensive.

David

here's their contact info:

E-Mail: support@netenergy.net | Net Energy Internet Ltd.
          Tel: +44 (0)870 2430830 | Milber Down, St. Marychurch Road
          Fax: +44 (0)870 2430829 | Coffinswell, Newton Abbot
          URL: http://www.netenergy.net/ | Devon, TQ12 4SE, United Kingdom

Comment

If you would like to contact us at www.pinbrook.net I am sure we can arrange something for you.

We are Uk based and have many actinic sites hosted with us

Comment

We've recently moved hosting for ourselves and clients to Pinbrook and can wholeheartedly recommend Pinbrook.
              www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
              www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
              www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

Offering a low populated uk server designed to cater for actinic.. Feel free to contact with no obligation..
                Jenny
                Hanson Web Design
                www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Thanks everyone

Thanks to everyone who posted their advice here. We took Greg up on his offer at WebYourBusiness and transferred across with excellent guidance and full commitment to the cause for us non-techies. Really helpful and the service has been 100% reliable. One small frustration on emails still to resolve, which looks like a Broadband hosting issue with BT Business Connect, but Greg is on to it like a terrier and we've got a workround anyway.
                  Want our recommendation? Contact Greg and give him your business.
                  Dawn

Comment

Working...
                  X