Site Snapshot on large Sites not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Snapshot on large Sites not working

Have a site which has four folders for images and each folder is around 600mb. I try to do a snapshot and it just hangs. I need to move the site to a new computer and would like to use the snapshot option as I always do.

Is there any technical information of what exactly the snapshot contains and what the maximum size would be? The Access db file was over 650mb and I compact and repaired it to 55 mb and the snapshot still hangs.

I was thinking about just moving the site1 folder over to and adding the key from a file but would like to know why the snapshot is not working.

Also when applying the patches if I want to get to the latest 6.1.5 patch from 6.1.3 do I need to first put the 6.1.4 patch then do the 6.1.5. I'm assuming I do if I do not use the full install patch.

Thanks,
    Jason

2Gb of images seems an awful lot. Are these image folders located inside the site 1 folder (or your site folder)?

What error message do you get when the snapshot fails?
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

All the image folders are in the site1 folder. The website sells photos so there are a ton of them. We created five different folders images1, images2, images3....imagesN.

There is no error message, actinic just hangs and task manager shows "not responding"

Comment

Well I don't know why the snapshot would fail but maybe just copying Site 1 folder would be easier.

Are you selling the images as Digital Download at full size with smaller versions in the site?

We tried to use Actinic for a photograhy site but it just took far too long. Usualy had around 600 images after an event and to make searching easier had to rename them all.

Good Luck to you
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
        X