Re-uniting Actinic on Two computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-uniting Actinic on Two computers

I'm probaly gonna split actinic onto two computers, with one used for order processing. I've done this before, it won't be a problem, however, I cant' remember if there is a way to re-unite the databases at a point in the future if we want to put it back into one machine.

Is there a hack where you can import a snapshot or something?
    Martin Cutbill

Amazingly using Actinic to sell Absinthe since V2

!*****Bump!*****
    Martin Cutbill

Amazingly using Actinic to sell Absinthe since V2

Comment

Hi Martin,

The only way you could do this, would be to first.

1. Export the order processer snapshot and import it into the main pc, so you have the past orders.
      2. Now export the upload pc snapshot and import it on main pc, however there will be an option for "Overwrite all target orders". Make sure this is NOT ticked, otherwise the order will disappear. Doing this way will enable you to have the downloaded orders with the uploaded catalog details and images.

Kind Regards

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

You can also complete a hierarchal export of the product database and import that into the Order Processing client. I like to use this method when completing keyword research and implementation directly in the product database. The reason for using the hierarchal import being you can choose NOT to overwrite particular fields like inventory values and "Meta Keywords” and “Meta description” fields during import. So it makes the process of bringing two databases together a bit more customized because you have control of what gets overwritten down to each field type in the database.

When importing or exporting from the same version of Actinic all the field names will default and map correctly so it’s very easy to eliminate the few fields you do not want to over write.

Its particularly useful method for web designers or SEO optimizers who work on customers websites while the customer is also operating the site in a production mode.

I hope that helps you.

Brian
        Brian Johnson
        :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
        1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Working...
        X