Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script Problems

Hi

Can anyone tell me why the scripts on our site have started to act weirdly. The scripts must have been working at some point over our business weekend (Sunday and Monday) as when I started work this morning I downloaded three orders on Actinic that were made on Sunday. And on Saturday before I went away for the weekend orders were being made over the internet ok.

Has this problem got anything to do with site permissions as I can't even upload any updates from actinic to the website as a message says a connection to the server could not be established. Then the following message explains that the problem is probably a permissions problem.

I have contacted our site hosts and they say that they are onto the problem but would very much appreciate if anyone can shed any light on the situation.

Many Thanks

Paul

I too experienced huge issues with uploading and retreiving orders this weekend. Not being able to use alternative FTP programs to access the site I declared it was due to very heavy network traffic with the servers.

Have you tried using passive FTP transfers in the Network Setup dialogue?

If you are downloading the orders that would suggest the scripts are working OK.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Your right I also think that because I retreived orders from sunday that the scripts would be ok. But for some reason we had no orders on monday and consequently it was reported by a customer that they could not order online, which I then tried and stumbled over this problem.

I have used our Core FTP Lite program and can connect to the server fine and be able to access and view the CGI scripts.

It must be some sort of server problem as I emailed my works email address from my personnel hotmail account and am yet to receive the email. I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place as I have only been in my job for a few weeks and the person who use to work here left last week.

Comment

Hi there

I have had cases where a hosting company installed an update/patch to the server and it has reset the cgi-bin permission back to 644 (This happened on a linux server). Have you checked your permission to see if they are 644, if so, try changing it to 755 (if you are running linux).
        Also you could check your error log that actinic produces, if the script don't work. The error log should be in your /acatalog/ folder, eg http://www.domain.com/acatalog/error.err.
        Try checking this.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X