Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Description of Test Mode / Production Mode

A basic question...

Can anyone provide a brief description of 'Test Mode' and 'Production Mode' and let me know how I would use these modes to test the functionality of the site before launch?

Also, presumably in 'Test Mode' people visiting the main URL wouldn't be able to identify the Actinic site and play around with it?

Thanks in advance.

Not really sure there because I've not used Test mode since my old V4 and I'm making live tests under another url than my real site, but I think I remember reading somewhere that when "Test mode" is selected the Actinic shop is created under the url : http://www.mysite.com/acatalog/test/ , while in live mode it's created in http://www.mysite.com/acatalog/.

Maybe someone can confirm this ?
    User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

TEST MODE: creates a complete copy of the site under acatalog/test/ and changes scripts to some wierd number with a lot of 9's in it.
      PRODUCTION MODE: creates the live site actalog/
      Coming out from test mode to production mode, it is supposed to remove the test site but it only seems to remove scripts from the cgi-bin.
      Hope that helps
      Jenny
      Hanson Web Design
      www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
      jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
      Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

James
        No you need to go to WEB (on the top of actinic) | switch to test mode first before you do the upload. Test mode will be displayed at the bottom of the screen as well. Network settings become greyed out and scripts changed.
        On reverting back to production mode you have to go to WEB and set it back to production mode. It says do you wish to remove test site but it only ever seems to remove the scripts for me. Make sure the robots cannot spider these test pages!
        Jenny
        Hanson Web Design
        www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

I have not configured my network settings yet
          you will have to configure your network settings first. The TEST mode uses these to create its own subfolders

1 network settings
          2 switch to test mode
          3 upload (blue arrow)

Comment

Working...
          X