Display problems when linking to products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display problems when linking to products

Within the site I am building I have included links within some of the brochure pages to a number of products using <a href="[section].html#[product ref]">. The products are laid out in rows.

Whilst the links work correctly, when the link is clicked, only the very bottom of the product is displayed in the viewable area - the rest of the product disappears past the top of the screen.

It appears that the link is directed towards the 'add to basket' button (which is at the foot of the product) rather than the picture of the product. Therefore, the product picture is not displayed in full view.

Any tips how I can get the whole of the product to display within the viewable screen after its link is clicked?

Thanks in advance.

In your Act_Productline look for something like "<a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR">XXXXX</a>" (XXXXX being for some code that may change if you've edited your template)

As far as I know your link is not directed towards the 'add to basket' button but toward the place where this "<a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR">XXXXX</a>" is on the html page. By moving "<a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR">XXXXX</a>" in your template you should get what you want (First make some copy of the template before making your tests )

You could also change the vertical position of your product image. In the same template you should have "NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE " somewhere. This is the code for inserting the product image. Look for the <td> tag (it may be something like :<td rowspan="2" valign="TOP">) and replace TOP by MIDDLE or BOTTOM.
    User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

I have the following code in Act_Productline:

<a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"><span class="actxsmall"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</b></span></a>

I've tried moving <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"> </a> in a variety of positions on the template but still when the link is clicked, only the very bottom of the product is displayed in the viewable area - the rest of the product disappears past the top of the screen.

Am I doing anything wrong to get the whole of the product to display within the viewable screen after its link is clicked?

Comment

Can you give us an url ?
        User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

Hi there

It would be nice to see this on a live site or even on a test site to see what going on. From what Jacques has written, this is the right solution, so i can't see why this is not working.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
          X