Site Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Security

We take payment by cards over our site, but at no point do we see the padlock symbol or have https:/. I beleive this means without these the site is not secure, although i'm wondering ig actinic has security measures which offer security?

Any thoughts?

Can you post a URL to look at
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

www.acesupplies.co.uk

Thanks!

Comment

You are correct you dont have https or any other security on the site.

You can use Actinics inbuilt encryption or use shared ssl (providers on actinic.co.uk) or get your own secure server or use Worldpay etc.

To use Actinic's inbuilt encryption see Business Settings > Payment & Security
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Alongside the very important security issue you also need to ensure you have permission from your bank to accept credit card payments via the internet (even if you are processing the card details through your in-store terminal) - most banks will not protect you against fraud and you can face massive fines if there is a security breach - in theory if you do not have their permission to accept payments over the intenet the customer could challenge the charge against their card and you have no recourse. You can't even class the sale as mail order (for which you will be covered) if placed via the internet.

Most banks will allow you to set up facilities for them to handle the monies or you can go via the WorldPay etc route.

Can't really blame the banks for doing this due to the huge rise in online crime and fraud but it does add to the overheads of us smaller companies trying to make an honest living.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

this page on our website explains your choices

http://www.pinbrook.net/actinic/acti...nt_methods.htm

Comment

So essentially, our site was not secure?

Comment

if you were using actinic inbuilt security your site would have been secure, but without the padlock display

Comment

The SSL check box was NOT checked, so looks like we were unsecure.

However, since checking the box, it will not allow me to upload to the server - i get this dialogue box...

Unable to connect to the FTP server because the specified username or password is incorrect.

Comment

You need to organise a secure server for this to work.

I would suggest using Actinic's security in the meantime.

I think Jo has a secure setup for hosting maybe give her a call or call myself if you need some extra advice 01224 215916
                    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

How do i activate the actinic security?

Actually, found it! Phew. Thanks for the advice and tips here! Some good points to be raised.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                        this page on our website explains your choices

http://www.pinbrook.net/actinic/acti...nt_methods.htm

You will get an email every time a new order has arrived. You then click the green down arrows in actinic, and the full order details are downloaded into the Orders section of actinic.
                        or... more likely, you get ONE email saying that you have orders waiting - until you download, and find out how many you have waiting... it all depends on HOW you configure Actinic.
                        Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
                        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
                        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
                        X