alternative to sections list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternative to sections list?

In my catalog (http://commerce.ictl.com/acatalog/ - login=test ; password=test), I decided not to use the "sections lists" since I use a javascript popup menu (Nortree) on all my pages.

The problem is that there is nothing left on my page... Is it possible to replace the sections list by other content? (eg : instructions to the new users)

Thank you for your help!!

Mathieu
    Mathieu Perino
    ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Hi there

Yes, you could add your own information where the section list use to be. All you need to do, is to edit the primary template. This can be found in "Advance | Template Manager | Main" and click on "Primary". You could even open the primary template in dreamweaver.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

primary...

shall I delete NETQUOTEVAR:HIDDENFIELDS NETQUOTEVAR:BULK?
      Mathieu Perino
      ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

Hi there

No, do not delete these variables, otherwise the store will not work. You should not delete any of the following variables from the primary template.

HTML Code:
        <FORM METHOD=NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIURL" NETQUOTEVAR:ONSUBMIT>
        	<A NAME="top"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=RANDOM VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM"> </A>
        		NETQUOTEVAR:HIDDENFIELDS
        			NETQUOTEVAR:BULK
        	</form>
        Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

ok but...

ok, thanks for these advices, but I still have a little problem :

if I insert a text in act_primary, it will appear in every page of my site! (whereas I only want that text on the first page...)

what should I do?

regards,

mathieu.
          Mathieu Perino
          ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

Hi there

Then you will need to have multiple 2 Primary template, one being the default one, which has text, and another primary template which does not have this text. With the 2nd primary template you could apply it to your sections, if you double click on a section and go to "Advance" then "Layout", you should have "Overall Layout". Simply apply the 2nd overall layout here.
            Later versions of Actinic allow you to have primary template for the front page of your site.

Might i also suggest in having a read Designing with Developer. This explains about the actinic templates.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

all right!

thanks a lot for your explanations!

regards,

mathieu
              Mathieu Perino
              ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

Working...