No announcement yet.

Images in drop down menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re. the map preview problem. When you preview a page what appears in the Adress field of your browser?

I'd like to fix this; so just do a View source of the problem preview page, and copy the text to a textfile and attach it here. Then I can see what your copy of Actinic is generating.

Re. the other problem. I'm not Actinic and don't know what's wrong there. Let's hope someone else does. If no-one replies (they might not be interested in this topic) you might want to post it as a new topic.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Claire,

Driving home late last night it occurred to me that it might be possible to generate the image map automatically to save all that hassle of creating one by hand.

Well 6 hours later it's done! An extension to Catalog that allows an image map to be automatically generated from a chosen Attribute and image. There's no messing around customising a template for each product that needs a map. It all happens automatically if you add a few hidden lines to the product description. It even bungs in ALT tags for each image area so that the Choice description appears as you mouseover.

This is such a timesaver that I think I might make it a product. As you prompted this you're welcome to a copy. Let me know your e-mail address and I'll send you the instructions.

Off to get some sleep now!!

Norman

Comment

Hi Norman,
        Do you sleep? What you've come up with sounds great.
        You can email me at services@aura.ie
        I am attaching the problem with the preview page, the image map only has a few of the logos in so only the first 3 actually work for the moment.

Thanks again,
        Claire
        Attached Files

Comment

Ooops. There was an error in the readme I sent you. New copies are on the way plus a more elegant version that uses custom properties to set all the map marameters.

Norman

I'll look at your existing problem later.

Comment

I looked at the textfile you sent and the problem is that in Preview mode Actinic never expects any scripts to be run so it generates wierd code for the select statments. This can't be fixed.

However my super-duper image map extension that I've e-mailed to you has no limitations.

Norman

Comment

is there any chance I could get a copy of the imagemap extension as well?

I'd be very appreciative, scottsimard@hotmail.com

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X