Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic and SEO

Hi folks,
    I am new to Actinic and I think it's a pretty good product but it's causing me lots of sleepless nights at moment. I am doing some SEO work for my client who sells sterling silver jewelry online.
    She has been using Actinic Catalog for a couple of years and wants more online sales. I know a bit about SEO so I thought we would look at initially changing the title tags in her HTML pages. I want to do a global change to replace the page title (i.e. the one which you see at top of the page in the browser) with something which reflects the keywords which she has chosen e.g. 'silver jewellery online', which is better for S.E. spiders.
    The title currently is the name of the company but not many people will be searching on that.
    Does anyone out there have any info on how to do that?
    Cheers, spidermansteve
    google top 10 ranking
    website design lancaster uk

There are loads of threads in this forum re optimising for Actinic. Please check them out and come back if you have further Qs

Don't forget you should have a unique <TITLE> for each page. What version of the software are you using

Comment

Thanks Jo,
      my client is using version 6.1.3.0.0.0
      google top 10 ranking

Comment

for V6 you will need to create a customvar to get a unique <TITLE> per page.

or if you are time challenged use

<TITLE>
        NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER, NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE</TITLE> in act_primary rather than

<TITLE>NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE</TITLE>

the first example will give you the section name followed by company name as your title, the 2nd just gives company name

This is a quick way to get a half way decent title with little effort. Custom titles are better though.

Comment

Thanks again Jo,
          I will look into that option, steve.
          google top 10 ranking

Comment

Working...
          X