Uploading error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading error.

My company has recently designed an developed an Actinic Catalog for one of our clients and have uploaded it to their site, but when we have sent the Snapshot to the client and have tried uploading from his pc we are getting the following error message:

"connection with server could not be established" then followed by:

"The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI-BIN URL, and the proxy WWW port.. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

We have checked the network settings against our copy and they both match, but the catalog works on our and not his, we have also disabled the firewall on his pc as this has sometimes interfered with uploading the catalogs.

Our clients website is www.empresstrading.co.uk.

Regards
    Andrew.
    Hope is a good thing, Not a bad thing, Maybe the best of things.

Hi Andrew

Sounds like something is preventing them from uploading, are they running through an ISA server? or are they uploading through a router?

If its a ISA server, then check out the following pdf documentation
    If its a netgear router then set the MTU has to 1500.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

You've got some weird errors on the live site.

On every page other than your home page, your "Shop" link opens Act_Primary.html rather than the catalog top page.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi, sorry I've only just found out of my colleague that its a version 6 catalog that he's working from.

I've managed to sort out the problem about the Act_Primary links on my pc.

Comment

Hi Andy,

Okay the fine, but what sort of connection do you have, are you going through a proxy server or a router?

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

The guy is connecting through BT Broadband on a single pc in the office.

The only thing I can think of that it might be is if he hasn't disabled his firewall properly, unfortunately he's in London and we're in Newcastle so we've had to talk him through it over the phone so we can't be 100% sure whats on his pc.

Comment

Working...
            X