X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts being multiplied?

Hi all,

New to the site so first of all hello.

We are running version 7 and have recently uploaded the 7.0.3 upgrade which we hoped might resolve the problem we are having with offering discounts but it still exists.

We wish to offer any customer ordering 4 of a particular product group, 4 free items from another product group.

So far we have made a product group of the two groups together and set up on discount based on cart content which offers anybody ordering over a certain £ value triggering the discount as a £'s value equalling the value of the free product that we wish to give away. Essentially we want to offer "buy 4 xxxx and get 4 xxxx free" (see the Black Chesterfield Suit on THIS page on our website as an example of what we are trying to do).

The discount works fine if you order 4 of the same item and another 4 of same item to be given free, but when you order 4 different sizes of the promotional item and 4 different sizes of free items it appears to multiply up the discounts so that we are virtually paying them to buy it!!

I have obviously disabled the discount for the time being.

I have seen this THIS posting that appears to relate to a similar issue but not sure whether it will resolve our problem. Having checked this entry in Notepad it does not contain the 'my' instruction as suggested on our file. Any help would be gratefully received.

Jon
    www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Ping!

Anyone Help!!
    www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Comment

Thought I'd bring this back to the top. Anyone got any ideas?

Jon
      www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Comment

Hi there

Having checked this entry in Notepad it does not contain the 'my' instruction as suggested on our file. Any help would be gratefully received
        What Tracey is saying is that once you have found the line '$nUsedValue = ($nBasis...'
        Simply in front of it type in 'my' then save the file and upload.

Try this please

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Just thought that I'd update you. I tried the suggested fix and everything now works fine.

Thanks,
          Jon
          www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Comment

Hi Jon,

Excellent news, appreciate the feedback and glad everything is working fine.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X