Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a different perl script ?

Hello everyone,

I have wiped my Store from the server and am attempting to start a brand new store with different products on a smaller basis. Unfortunately Actinic upload stops when it reaches the 'perl script check' with the error "the perl script extension is incorrect".

I have just spoken to my ISP and they tell me that when I downgraded my hosting plan I lost access to a particular kind of perl script that Actinic depends on ? I still have access to perl via /usr/bin/perl but according to my ISP its not the right kind of perl and I would need to upgrade to a more expensive account

Im no expert but I thought perl was perl.

Does anyone know whats going on and more importantly does anyone have a suggested fix ?

Thanks in advance,

Mick

p.s. I can see the following folders on my server - cgi-local - etc - stats
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Just phoned my ISP again and they seem to think that I need to manually upload some perl scripts directly into my cgi-local folder ?

Well im totally confused now
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

The file Main2hst.txt in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7 contains a summary what your server needs to provide in order to be able to host Actinic sites. Check that against your server support people.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman,

Thats exactly what I needed. Have just phoned my ISP (verio) and they answered yes to the first 4 questions and dont see why there is still a problem.

I have just sent the whole document to them by email but I have to say that unless they solve this matter a.s.a.p. I shall be calling someone like 'pinbrook' because I have had enough of talking to verio tech support, no offense to them as they are always polite and extremely helpful.

Regards

Mick
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

The message about the perl extension implies that it wants the scripts called .cgi instead of .pl and you can change this on the network setup page.

You might also want to think about just doing the network test until everything is sorted out and then doing an upload.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I have tried changing the .pl to .cgi and it made no difference. Im trying advanced network settings and there seems to be a problem with the path to the cgi-bin and the path from cgi-bin to acatalog directory.

Should I have a folder on my server called "cgi-bin" because I only have a "cgi-local" and that one has been deleted and renamed several times.

Regards

Mick
            Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Hilarious

First they said yes, but this email says otherwise :

"Thank you for contacting Verio technical support. You wrote in with the following questions:

a) Do I have CGI script capabilities? (Yes/No) No

b) Do I have access to Perl 5.002 or higher at my site? (Yes/No) No

c) Do I have the ability to update my site using FTP? (Yes/No) No

d) Do I have the ability to POST data to my CGI scripts? (Yes/No) No"

The bit that really makes me laugh is the fact that im not able to update using FTP !. Well thats news to me as Ive been doing so for years

Time to look for another hosting company.
              Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

We are working today (Sunday) Mick, if you want to , please email me via the forum or via our website.

Comment

Working...
                X