Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yipes - uploaded new site - payment redirect not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yipes - uploaded new site - payment redirect not working!

I've just uploaded my new site, and while testing it have found that the payment redirect it not working - so if someone goes to pay by credit card it just says
    You will now be automatically transferred to the Protx VSP secure server to process your credit card details with complete confidence.
    or by paypal it says
    Click the PayPal button to go to PayPal's secure server and process your payment.
    (which I guess is an improvement over protx as it does allow you to push the button if the redirect fails).

Looking at the source for the redirect page it seems there is some code commented out -
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!--
    function onLoad()
    {
    document.formOCC.submit();
    }
    // -->
    </SCRIPT>
    and to my untrained eye that looks very much like a bit of code that would cause the page to redirect...?

I have been messing about in the actinic html in order to get this website how I want it (1 page, 1 click straight to checkout, no acatalog dir etc) so I might have changed something that generates that bit of code - but what and where???

To replicate problem go to www.zestra-for-women.co.uk, click any of the buy now buttons, enter details, next, choose credit card payment and next again - this is where it stops.

(the site is live, as is the payment option, but as you can't get to the protx bit you can accidently buy anything!)

This site has replaced a live site so there is some urgency in getting it working again (I switched the PPC ads of yesterday, but may still get the occasional visitor)
    John

All I can add is that the code is not commented out. Sorry can't be more help there.
    http://www.johnsons-seeds.com - Actinic plugins, remote add to cart and custom CMS
    http://www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk - More seeds and plants....
    http://www.mr-fothergills.co.uk - Well it used to be Actinic...

Comment

yes - it doesn't work...

my guess (and it is a guess) is that your custom added onload event in the body tag has busted the javascript onload event... that is an onload you added right?
      Code:
      OnLoad="PreloadImages('buy-now-pushed.GIF')"
      regards

Greg

ps - some older browsers had a problem with onLoad not being cased correctly - your OnLoad is technically 'incorrect' I think...
      Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
      Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
      NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

aaaahhhh. that could be it. I replaced the variable in the primary with hardcoded because it was easier than figuring out where to change the preload variables...

Do you know where to change these in actinic? it was pre-loading all of the section buttons and stuff, which as you can see I am not using...
        John

Comment

my guess (and it is a guess) is that your custom added onload event in the body tag has busted the javascript onload event
          Good Guess!

and that was something I changed this morning which explains why it was working yesterday on my test server...

So that works fine, but how do I add my button-push.gif to the preload and how do I get rid of all the useless crap it's preloading at the moment?
          John

Comment

Hi there

Whats it preloading for you, at the moment when i go to your site and checkout, there is no images that it preloads. Actinic normally preloads the navigation buttons on the store page. The navigation button uses the template "Act_NavigationItem.html" which in turn uses "Act_MouseOver.html".

Please could you advise

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

I need to pre-load the 'buy-now-pushed.gif' button, how do I add this to the pre-load list? as above overwriting the variable stuffs it up so I need to add it to the list.
              John

Comment

Hi there

If you look at the design guide, (which is found in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Starter Guide\DesignGuide.pdf) on page 33, you have a section which says "Inserting Custom Navigation Icons". This will show you how to use the preload function.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

For the benefit of everyone else the pdf says this -
                  onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD;PreloadImages('returns2.gif')"
                  ok, that solves half of the problem (adding something to the list) - now how do I get rid of all the other stuff? If you View Source from the homepage it has converted NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD to
                  OnLoad="PreloadImages('back2.gif','sitemap2.gif','search2.gif','cart2.gif','order2.gif','mail2.gif')"
                  none of which are used, so it is taking valuable load time to download files which aren't used.
                  John

Comment

Hi John,

All you need to do is remove all reference of rollover images from "Design | Option | Navigation".

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                    X