Initial setup prods / qty / del address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial setup prods / qty / del address

I'm already using Actinic sucessfully for one site, but want to deploy a second and would appreciate advice on initial setup of products. The site will sell about 10 different items (garden compost etc to DIY stores) delivered throughout the UK on pallets. A full pallet is 40 bags, but we also deliver half and quarter pallets (20 and 10 bags respectively). The deliverfy company charge according to the size of pallets and the delivery zone within the UK (there are 4 charging zones defined by the initial 2 letters of the postcode).

How do I best set up Actinic for this. My initial though is the created a static html page asking the customer to click on the delivery postcode. This lands them in a section called (for example) zone 1 which contains each of the products at the relavent price per bag including delivery to that zone. The only problem is how to enforce the number of bags (10, 20, 40 or multiples of 40) the customer orders.

Seperate sections contains duplicates of all 10 products but at the relevent price for that zone.

I'm sure there will be a better way to handle this and I look forward to constructive suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.

Jeremy Heath
    JHeath

Hi Jeremy

Okay if you go to "Advance | Location", you could create each postcode as a state.
    For the products you could have a master product which will have a dropdown list, which lists the various options:
    1. 40 Bags - 1 Pallet
    2. 20 Bag - 1/2 Pallet
    3. 10 Bag - 1/4 Pallet

These bags would be hidden product, which the master product would be associated to hidden products which will have stock and weights, so the client can pick how many quantity they can have.

You shipping could be defined in weights so you can be specific on some area of the post code.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X