Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation Image Gaps

Hi All,

I am using version 7 and am trying to modify a theme based on clean layout 12 as this seems to be the closest to what I am trying to achieve.

I have changed the images used for navigation to a wider image and I want them stacked on top of each other ie; no padding.

I presume I have to edit a template to remove cell padding but can't find which one - can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Andy
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

Hi Andy,

As far as i know there is no cell padding, because on the default site, the images have not gaps in them. However try the following:

Edit "Act_NavigationItem.html". (This can be found in "Advance | Template Manager | Main", and click on "Nav. Item").

Here simply remove all comments, so the template should just look like the following:

HTML Code:
    NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML
    <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVLINK" TARGET="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVTARGET" NETQUOTEVAR:MOUSEOVERCALL>NETQUOTEVAR:NAVIMAGE</A><br>
    NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML
    There should be no space here.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Unfortunately the code is already as you say so the problem must lay elsewhere.

Using the standard navigation GIFs (74x20) there is a small gap between them, when I use my own GIFs (120x20) the gap is much larger.

Thanks for trying anyway.
      Unusual Silver Jewellery
      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Are your navigation buttons one underneath the other then? Try removing the <br> and also NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML and NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML as these tags just insert a bit of XML which does not affect store operation.

Comment

That seems to have done the trick - thank you very much!

Now I'm getting more confidence maybe someone could answer this question for me...

How do I go about creating a sidebar menu where the current page is highlighted in the menu with the subsections shown underneath it?

Also where I can read more about creating a dropdown box to select sections.

Told you I was getting more confident ;-)
          Unusual Silver Jewellery
          Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
          Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
          X