Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A General Script Error Occurred - can you test please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A General Script Error Occurred - can you test please?

I'm getting this error on my new site, I've seen the same message on the board several times but none of the situations seem to match.

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The site configuration has been updated by the shop operator while you are checking out. Please navigate back to the product pages by pressing the Browser Back button and try again or contact the site owner.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
    I'm getting this error EVERY time on 1 pc, but a couple of others I try work EVERY time. I've recently had an order as well so some people can obviously use it.

Unlike the other problems this error does NOT occur when entering the checkout when it is empty, but occurs when going from order1 to order2 with something in the basket.

Can you please test it this and let me know if it works or not, listing your browser type/version?

to replicate, goto www.zestra-for-women.co.uk, press any of the buy buttons, enter "test" into the name/address fields and press next. If it works you will get the shipping screen - if it doesn't you'll see the error.

Thanks.

ps. I am checking with Pinbrook to see if there is enough memory on the server, as this was also mentioned in previous threads.
    John

Works fine here
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Worked for me using Internet Explorer Version 6.0.2900.2180 etc etc

Hope this helps,

Jon

P.S. Do I get a free sample now?
      www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Comment

Works fine here
        thanks, what browser/os are you using?

the 'not working' one is IE6(.0.2800.1106) on XPsp1
        John

Comment

XP Home sp 2
          www.beatwear.co.uk

www.solelyshoes.com

Comment

You may have a cookie stored from a previous visit. Try deleteing your cache
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Works for me with Firefox.
              User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

works fine for me too IE6 XP Pro - tested Opera too

I would explore Gary's suggestion of cache

Comment

ok, tried again this morning from the same pc and it failed again, then i cleared the cache and it worked - thanks everyone, glad to know it was jsut me and not a % of my customers!

But that does lead to another question - Do this mean there could be customers out there that have purchased once, but when they come back for more they get this message?

Is there a function that can be run on arriving at the site that would delete the cookie? or, assuming there is a 'create cookie' can this delete any that already exist?

Can anyone explain what kind of event would cause this kind of 'stuck cookie', so I have an idea of how often it might occur?
                  John

Comment

Can anyone explain what kind of event would cause this kind of 'stuck cookie', so I have an idea of how often it might occur?
                    Repeated testing but bombing out before actually buying can cause it.
                    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Looking at my error file I can see this problem being recorded 2-5 times a day on my site (and none of these is me so it's customers getting this message).

The strange thing is that this happens at all times of the day, even the middle of the night when I know I haven't been updating the site.

You can check this on your own site by looking at your error.err file (usually in your acatalog directory and viewable using your browser).

I can't think why this should be so common. And what happens when a customer does get this message? Do they succeed the next time or are they now lost forever?

Mike
                      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X