No announcement yet.

800 x 600 vs 1024 x 768

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It brouchureprimary that you need to edit.

Save it as .txt and attach it to this thread
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Gary,

I have attached it as a text file.
      Very kind of you to offer to take a look, but im not sure the whole idea will work very well because I have just noticed that the text looks 'resized' even when in 1024 x 768.

Maybe I should stick with the 'doodle' template I used before, made sense as I manufacture art and craft goods but I always felt it was a bit 'kids corner' if you get my drift.

Regards

Mick
      Attached Files
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

This looks fine at 800 x 600??

Maybe you have a large graphic that is throwing the page off.

We generally develop a site to fit 800 x 600 but it will always look best at 1024 x 768
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thats really weird ?
          I removed all info text and images and it still did not display at 800 x 600, on 6 different pc's !

I think im going back to the other template, it wasn't the most business like design but it worked without viewing problems.

Thanks for all your time,

Mick
          Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

We have some premade templates/themes HERE that may help you out.

I think sure solutions has some also
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Smart Template

Is it the brochure pages (eg the home page) or the catalog pages (with the products on) which is not displaying correctly?

I have a similar issue, which has been resolved using Gary's suggested approach as far as the brochure pages are concerned but has not been resolved as far as the catalog pages are concerned. I may be wrong, but my feeling is that it something to do with the fact that on the section pages of the catalog page I have the sections displayed in three colomns and hence Actinic can not squash it up enough to fit all the photographs and text into and 800 pixel screen

Comment

Yes you have to watch using 3 columns as this is great at 1024 but often too big at 800 size
                Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Bear in mind there are alternative overall templates selectable in 'Design | Layouts' which only have a single sidebar rather than two.

Comment

Ive tried all the suggested fixes including having a left hand sidebar only but still no difference.

Im now back to using doodle theme which works very well with both resolutions, just struggling on a colour scheme. Which of the colours available are guaranteed 'websafe', is it the first 16 before you click on the 'custom' button or is it all of the 'basic' colours within the custom pallette box ? Im asking this because I used to get the odd email saying that the colours were wishy washy or too bright.

Another thing ive noticed is that when you start browsing pages the background takes on a colour before reverting to white, is there a fix for this ?

My test store

Cheers

Mick
                    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X