Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renaming Site Name...

Hi All,

I have a client that in mid stream he decided to change the name of his company. (Jeez, don't ask... ) anyway, I already have the name of the company under my Sites directory. Can I just simply change the name of the directory without affecting Actinic in any way? I realize of course that I am going to have to change everything else in the database through View Business Settings, and Options...

Thanks
    Eagle
    Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Does it really matter what they are called under the site directory it's what's in the database ie business options, network settings that control it..
    You may have to take a snapshot, create a new site and reimport the snapshot.. Unless anyone else knows a quick route. Presuming this is developer from what you are saying.
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

In my version of Developer 7.0.3 I simply go to the FILE | SITES and then click and hold any of the sites that are not currently active and that allows the re-naming of the site

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I had always presumed it would need to be right click.. You're right.. I must have always been to hasty.
        Jenny
        Hanson Web Design
        www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
        Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          In my version of Developer 7.0.3 I simply go to the FILE | SITES and then click and hold any of the sites that are not currently active and that allows the re-naming of the site
          Jont,
          Yep you are right, I found that out last night just by accident. It allowed me to change the name of the site, and renamed the directory on the PC.

Problem solved.
          Thanks all.

Eagle
          Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny
            Does it really matter what they are called under the site directory it's what's in the database ie business options, network settings that control it..
            You may have to take a snapshot, create a new site and reimport the snapshot.. Unless anyone else knows a quick route. Presuming this is developer from what you are saying.
            Jenny
            Jenny,

Simple answer: Sometimes I have sometimers disease and when I look at my backup I do not want to be pulling up SarahsGiftsOnline when what I really want is GiftsFromSarah, which by the way are two very real sites that I am working on.

Thanks
            Eagle

Comment

Working...
            X